God wants something for you much more than He needs something from you. He wants you to be truly free in all aspects of your life, including your finances. And, we want that for you as well. As strange as it may seem, we have discovered the way to become truly financially free is to give first to God.
"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Jesus talks frequently about money in the Bible. One reason for doing so is that money represents the greatest competition for our attention and devotion. Giving to God by giving to the church allows us to demonstrate that He is more important to us than material things.
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
We can live better by faithfully giving 10% to God and living on the remaining 90% than we can living on 100% of what we earn. When we trust God with our finances by giving to Him first, He will bless the rest.
"Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine."
We believe that the local church is God's Plan A for impacting our community and our world. There is no Plan B! Christians should be the most generous people of all, supporting Kingdom-building activities in Brevard, Transylvania County, and beyond.
"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."
2 Corinthians 9:6-8